Well Read Mom

The well read mom program was started here in Minnesota, by a mom who, while homeschooling her children, realized that women, particularly mothers and wives, also needed the nourishment and joy of good literature just as much as school children.  She put together a book club of sorts, selecting good, often unheard of, books and poetry centered around a theme, to be read from Sept - June.

While I don't have a group to join to read this year's book selections, my intention is to at least read them on my own. This year's theme is "Year of the Spouse."

1. Hannah Coulter - Wendell Berry
2. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
3. Lilacs and the Long Ago - Mary Lavin
4. The Secret Diary of Elizabeth Leseur - Leseur
5. The Betrothed - Manzoni
6. Hound of Heaven at My Heels - Waldron
7. The Jeweler's Shop - Karol Wojtya
8. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy

However, on my trip to the library this morning, I wasn't able to find any of these books on the shelves; a few were checked out, the majority didn't exist according to the card catalog.


So, I looked at the books from 2013 "The Year of the Mother".  Aha!  It has one of the books "Gift from the Sea" by Anne Marrow Lindbergh.  I hurriedly checked it out, placed it neatly into my diaper bag and dashed out of the library, headed home to eat lunch, put Little Darlin' down for a nap, and nestle in with a blanket and cup of tea and begin my new book.


My plan is to blog/review each book I read, so check back in when I'm finished!

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The baby years

Seven quick takes: Valentine's Day

Making a list and checking it twice