7QT (on a wednesday!)

So, it's been awhile since I've checked in here!  I meant to publish my 7QT on friday, but it didn't happen.  Better late than never!  They are mostly about the goings-on of life this week.

1. M and I were blessed to be able to spend some time at home with my parents this week.  It has been a great week of sleeping in, playing outside in the crisp fall air, eating apples and playing with all the fun and new toys in G&G's house, especially the homemade rocking horse that my Dad crafted years ago for my sister and I.

2. Tomorrow is the feast of St. Teresa of Avila.  I missed doing the novena, but I wanted to draw attention to it anyway since I have based my blog's name on her. :)

3. Since I have had time here at my parents' house, I have been working on meal planning routine.  I have lofty intentions on having a very planning menu, but it just usually doesn't happen.  Last month, I purchased the 'Meal Planning and Ultimate Healthy Living' Bundle.  It's this awesome collection of over 73 e-books on everything from how to cook,  how to feed picky children, and how to make your own natural cleaning supplies and beauty products!  I've been working on reading through them and writing down ideas of meals for the next couple of weeks.  I will post once I have the menus organized.

4. I was able to meet up with an old colleague and friend today in Sioux Falls and eat at her new establishment - Fiero Pizza.  It was DELICIOUS and reminded me of a couple of awesome pizza places in DC that we would often go to.  If you ever find yourself in Sioux Falls and need a quick meal, go to Fiero Pizza.  You will not be disappointed! We are even featured on their facebook page today!

5.  One of M's favorite things to do at G&G's house is to listen to all the clocks in the house.  There are 3 chiming clocks on the main level, all set a few minutes apart, so you can hear the different chimes of each one.  Every time they go off (so, every 15 minutes or so) she runs to either the clock or my mom saying "see see see!", anxious for my mom to pick her up and bring her to see the clock making the lovely sounds.  It is so cute and funny it still hasn't gotten old after 10 days.

6. A quick link up to my friend Kathryn's blog today.  We were discussing via email the importance of reading and continuing our intellectual growth as SAHM's, and an online book club was born.  I thought her piece was very good.  If you know a mom who would like to join our little club, let me know!

7. Today marks the 6th month date of the taking of the Nigerian school girls.  With all the terrible world news lately (ISIS, Ebola, the Ukraine/Russia conflict) it is easy to forget of this tragedy.  I cannot imagine the horror these girls must be living through, and the terror now wrought on their parents and families.  Instead of a pointless twitter campaign, let us renew our prayers and sacrifices for this situation, and all Christians who are persecuted by the militant Islamists around the world.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The baby years

Seven quick takes: Valentine's Day

Making a list and checking it twice