Back on the saddle again

So, this whole blogging idea of mine really didn't take off, did it? :)  I realized this AM that the post about my new year's resolutions wasn't even published (hence today's date) and it's been six months since I've logged on.  However, I need to write and get the mental juices flowing again, so I guess I'm back on the saddle.

It's currently summer here in Minnesota, and like most of the year/winter, it is cold and windy!  It seems the whole country has fallen under a chilly spell. Honestly, it is a little refreshing from the hot hot hot days, but it still felt weird to pull on a sweater and jeans before I made my way out the door to run errands yesterday morning.  The sun is out now, though, so I imagine Little M and I will be heading outdoors this afternoon.

Since moving in to our current place, I have a bit slow to the decorating/nesting/making it a home thing.  I have had the curtains and curtain rod sitting in my closet for too long awhile, so last week during nap time I finally conquered the power drill and brought some much needed color and life to our very white home.
                                       (my flash didn't really do much for me but you get the idea)
Additionally, when we moved across the country, we were given a turquoise love seat recliner.  It is very comfortable, but it's not exactly the cutest piece for a small apartment.  I've put up with it for awhile, and started to even just get used to it in the room: I wasn't about to go buy a new couch!  And then, as I was roaming the aisles at Target, as I am wont to do when needing to get out of the house on rainy days, I found this lovely cover at a discounted rate!  With new curtains up and a new lease on life for my couch, I was even inspired to sew pillows!  I cut a normal-sized pillow in half and sewed together a gold textured cloth with a lovely green that matches the swirls in my curtains.  It's amazing how such little changes can make such a huge difference in one's contentment at home!
                                     
(I need to straighten the cover a bit.  the joys of having a toddler who will constantly pull on this thing!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The baby years

Seven quick takes: Valentine's Day

Making a list and checking it twice