Seven quick takes: Valentine's Day

--- 1 ---

Happy 2 months to my newest little love. I love her so much! I can't believe she is alrady 2 months old! Here is a newborn picture that I adore. Those.Eyes.

--- 2 ---

Happy St. Valentine's Day! I know many think it's a "made up" holiday courtesy of Hallmark, but as a friend reminded me, it's actually a feast that people still celebrate from the pre-vaticanII calendar. My DH bought me flowers on Thursday, surprising me after I had a really difficult day with the girls. love!

--- 3 ---

I have finally developed a good routine for DD1's nap time. She now goes down after a few minutes of nursing/cuddles, and then falls asleep on her own, in her bed. This is how DD2 and I spend the quiet 1-2 hours each day.

--- 4 ---

Yesterday, we had our monthly coffee/playdate at Susanna's. I had to drag DD away at the end of it; she coudl have happily played with the girls all afternoon! I was reminded again of 1) the importance of getting out of the house and 2) spending time with such lovely friends and nurturing friendships. It was a blessed morning, making the work of actually leaving the house worth it. And I learned what blueberry buckle is! YUM!

--- 5 ---

It's hard to log on to the internet and avoid any commentary on the book/move Fifty shades of Grey. From the little knowledge I have of it, it appears to be a sad attempt to make sex sexy and interesting again to a bored generation who have seen displayed on every corner and in every movie, and to justify people's most base desires. i think the worst part of it is that in the end, the abuser is redeemed. The abused woman saves and converts the man away from his evil actions. In real life, however, the women in these relationships end up in a graveyard or on the run from the maniac who has ruined her life. Can we just bring back the classics like Shakespeare and Jane Austen into the public arena again? There you will find true examples of love, sex and (gasp) virtue in relationships.

--- 6 ---

Will winter ever end? I think I would describe February as another January with a deceiving hope. The worst cold of the winter (January) is over, and spring should be right around the bend. Oh, nope, it still feels like -15 degrees below zero. Perhaps I really should reread The Long Winter to put my situation in perspective.

--- 7 ---

Hmmm, how about another picture for my 7th QT. The Crowning of the Princess! Have a good week, everyone!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The baby years

Making a list and checking it twice